Everyone loves slot machines and like everything popular, they have developed, changed, and gained many new features over time. But for some, these new features are an unnecessary addition and not that much fun: some players simply look for a purer and classic experience. If you fit this description, you can try fruit slots. Below, we’ll tell you more about what they are and what kind of gameplay they offer. At https://high-roller-casinos.com/, you can find a list of the best casinos where you can try classic fruit slots for free or for real money.
What is The Meaning of “Fruit Slot”?
When Charles Fey invented slot machines in the late 19th century, he used simple symbols that were easy to remember– horseshoe, tower, bell, and poker card signs. But despite being the man who invented slots, it was rival companies that made them a popular game in every state of the United States and nordic casinos. Imitating Fey’s design, these companies preferred to use the symbols of the best-selling fruit gums at the time. Therefore, fruit images such as cherries, grapes, plums, and oranges began to appear in the slots. And they became so popular that now every company that produces slot machines has started using these pictures.
While this is their historical origin, there are other features that give fruit slots this name. Let’s put them in a list:
- Modern video slots have at least 5 reels and 10 paylines. In extreme cases like Megaways, this figure can go up to 7 reels and over 100,000 lines. In fruit machines, the number of reels can be as low as 3 and the number of lines can be as low as 1.
- For the same reason, the number of symbols is also low: most fruit slots are played with 4-6 symbols, among which special symbols such as wild and scatter are often absent. This also means that they do not have bonus features such as free spins or pick-me games. In these games, all you have to do (and all you can do) is place identical symbols next to each other.
- However, fruit slots can still pay multipliers, include fixed or progressive jackpots, and offer bonus games such as “gamble”. In any case, they have a simpler gameplay and there is not much to keep track of.
- RTP of fruit machines can be surprisingly high and their betting ranges are often low. In other words, even with a limited bankroll, it is possible to play for a long time and win satisfying payouts.
- Their graphics quality is low compared to modern games. This is because most fruit machines were developed in the early 2000s: platforms at that time had limited graphics capabilities. This is also true for fruit games today, as simple graphics and animations have become one of the defining features of this genre.
There is no difference between fruit machines and modern slots in terms of winning chances: the results of both are randomly determined by RNG. Modern games offer more scenarios for creating winning combinations, but in the long run, the win/loss ratio does not differ significantly.
Examples of Fruit Slots
If you are interested in what you read above and you want to try this genre, we can recommend some games to get you started quickly. Let’s start with the traditional games first: these are slots at utländskacasino.biz that are still popular even though they were released almost a decade ago.
- 7 Sizzling Hot – Novomatic
- Burning Hot – Amusnet (EGT)
- Blazing Sevens – 1×2 Gaming
- Mega Joker – Netent
- Lucky Clover – iSoftBet
Please note that you may not be able to play some of these games (especially those developed with Flash) on mobile devices. However, as we mentioned above, fruit slots continue to be developed as of 2023. These modern fruit games work on any device and include some basic bonuses and special symbols, though not as much as video slots.
To get a complete idea of this genre, we also recommend checking out these modern games:
- Juicy Fruits – Pragmatic Play
- Fruit Shop – Netent
- Jumbo Joker – Betsoft
- Fruit Fiesta – Games Global (Microgaming)
- Emerald Diamond – Red Tiger
You can be sure that this will be an enjoyable experience: fruit slots offer a more basic version of the gameplay you are used to, but they do not lack payout potential and may be a better choice for casual players.